Begin Your Adoption
How it Works
See Our Available Animals
Take a look at all our available animals. Click on a pet’s picture to see more photos, pet profiles, and videos!
Review Our Documents
We are open for adoptions Monday through Thursday from noon to 7 p.m. and Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. No appointment needed.
Preparing for Adoption
What to Expect
No appointment is needed — once you arrive, you can ask for assistance at the reception desk or walk through and see the animals. If you see an animal you want to meet, look for a team member with the paw print on their shirt. These adoption counselors will assist with the meet and greet, provide information on the animal and review all the benefits we offer with each adoption. Once you’ve decided to adopt, it only takes 15-20 minutes to complete the process. All our animals are spayed or neutered, so they are ready to go home!
Our Adoption Counselors Are Here to Help
We are all about making lifelong matches between people and pets. Our adoption counselors will listen carefully to your expectations, needs, and lifestyle. This is a lifesaving partnership, and we work in tandem with you and your family to help make the perfect match.
What You’ll Need
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Bring current photo identification.
- Have the knowledge and consent of all adults living in your household—we encourage you to bring the entire family!
- Bring a debit or credit card to pay for the adoption fee. Cash and checks are not accepted.
Adoption fees vary according to the animals’ species, size and age.
- Cats $25
- Kittens $75
- Seniors (6 years and older) $15
- Rabbits $20
- Guinea Pigs $15
- Small Rodents $5
Large Breed Dogs
- Dogs $55
- Puppies $95
- Seniors (6 years and older) $25
Small Breed Dogs
- Dogs $95
- Puppies $195
- Seniors (8 years and older) $45
Equine adoption fees vary are based on age, overall health, and level of training.
Please fill out an Equine Adoption Application and a member of our Barn Team will contact you!
Farm animal adoption fees vary by species based on age and overall health.
Please fill out a Farm Animal Adoption Application and a member of our Barn Team will contact you!
What You Get With Your Adoption
Dogs and cats adopted from the Houston receive an incredible benefit package valued at over $400.
Every Dog and Cat Adoption Includes
- A new family member who can provide a lifetime of unconditional love
- A health evaluation, age-appropriate vaccinations and rabies vaccinations for cats and dogs three months and older
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Heartworm testing for dogs six months of age and older
- Treatment for heartworm positive dogs
- One adoption gift courtesy of Hill’s Science Diet
- A complimentary overall wellness examination from a VCA Animal Hospital
- A HomeAgain microchip with free lifetime registration