Houston SPCA is hosting its first Open House of the year on Saturday, April 23 from 12 to 6 p.m. where animal lovers can adopt a new furry feline or cuddly canine and spend the afternoon on the animal welfare and protection organization’s Campus for All Animals with fun-filled activities. The event will feature adoptable pets, a beer garden, equine and wildlife chats, and more!
Open House Festivities Kick-Off at Noon
- 12 – 4 p.m.: Wendy’s Frosty Cart and lemonade & cookies
- 12 – 6 p.m.: Eureka Heights Beer Garden and Brother’s John Mobile Kitchen
- 2 p.m.: Chat with our award-winning Equine and Farm Animal Team, visit some rehabilitated horses, and learn about their incredible rescue and recovery. Come by our Equine and Farm Animal Rescue & Rehabilitation Center located on our campus.
- 2:30 p.m.: Adoptable Large Dog Pet Parade in the Adoption Lobby.
- 3 p.m.: Chat with one of our Wildlife Experts, meet an ambassador bird, and hear more about the 12,000 injured, ill, or orphaned wild animals who come into the Houston SPCA’s Wildlife Center of Texas annually.
Free balloon animals and cotton candy will also be available as guests explore the campus, with a limit of one per guest or while supplies last. For dedicated animal lovers, there will also be opportunities to learn more about volunteering with Houston SPCA.
The Adoption Center will be open from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, April 23. Adoptions are open daily Monday through Sunday, from 11 a.m. – to 6 p.m. Questions? Call 713.869.SPCA (7722).